Renewing the Hearts of Men in the Heart of the City
Homelessness isn't on the decline by accident. It takes a lot of hard work and multiple programs like our downtown renewal program.Support Men's renewal
Renewing Hearts in
the Heart of the City
Homelessness isn't on the decline by accident.Support Men's renewal
downtown/peoria rescue mission - victory acres
For men who deal with issues related to addiction, abuse, homelessness, re-entry from prison, or challenging life choices, our long-term renewal experiences offer the opportunity to heal and develop a positive life change.
The EXCEL Experiences include Bible study & classes, chapel services, counseling, life skills development, outside church participation, and work therapy.
Participants in the EXCEL Victory Acres’ work therapy must be physically capable to work outdoors doing pallet recycling. If physically unable and/or currently under doctor’s care and medication, the EXCEL Downtown Renewal Experience serves as an alternative option.
Renewal Experience Goals
- To teach and show men what it means to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and how to depend upon God to supply their needs.
- To offer men the tools needed to overcome addictions and other negative and destructive habits
- To assist men in securing employment and housing upon graduation of the program
- To encourage men in building and maintaining healthy community relationships for accountability and to further develop them into productive members of society.
Participants must be:
- Male, at least 18 years of age
- Physically able to do chores
- Serious about making a positive life change
- Willing to commit for a minimum of 9 months
The first step for a possible renewal experience participant is to contact Brian at 309-676-6416 ext. 1006 to schedule an appointment, during which further information will be given regarding the available experiences.
Possible participants will then be required to stay at the Peoria Rescue Mission for a minimum of seven days. During this evaluation period, participants will receive counseling and a possible recommendation for either the EXCEL Downtown or the EXCEL Victory Acres Renewal Experiences.